PACK 190 Adult Training
Questions? Contact PACK190@pack190hunterdonnj.org
A great deal of training courses are available online and in person through the Boy Scouts of America and Washington Crossing Council. Courses cover introductions to being a Den leader, to how to tie knots, to safe ways to conduct events and activities. It is recommended that adult leaders and parents take some time and pick some training opportunities to help with your role as a parent and leader in the PACK.
There are two MANDATORY training courses for adult leaders, Youth Protection Training (YPT) and Protecting God’s Children (PGC). The courses are about keeping kids safe from child predators. The courses are recommended for all parents and adults associated with the PACK. There are no registration fees for the courses.
YOUTH PROTECTION TRAINING (YPT)
This is a 1 hour online course through the Boy Scout’s of America that can be taken at any time.
1) Go to www.scouting.org
2) Click on “My.Scouting” near the top right.
3) Sign in with your Username and Password or “Create Account” if you are a first time visitor.
4) Click “Home” on the top left and then “My Dashboard” from the dropdown.
5) Select “YPT” if not already highlighted and “Youth Protection Training” to start course.
6) At some point you may need to select other options or re-login. The website has recently been revamped and there are some updates still taking place. Remember you are training for Cub Scouting and Pack 190 is part of Washing Crossing Council – Doylestown PA - 777. Other on-line training courses are also available – just expore the options.
7) Send an electronic copy of the certificate or provide a hardcopy to the PACK Committee Chair (or Training Coordinator) for the PACK records
PROTECTING GOD’S CHILDREN (PGC)
This is a 2 hour classroom training session through the Catholic Church. Immaculate Conception Church (ICC) is the charter organization for PACK 190. Adults do NOT need to be members of ICC or the Catholic Church to participate. There is no fee but you must pre-register for the course.
1) Go to www.virtusonline.org
2) Click on “Registration” and “begin the registration process”. (If you are already registered skip to step 4.)
3) Select the Metuchen, NJ (Diocese) and Create and ID and Password
4) Go back to the website and Login
5) Go to the “Training” Tab and then click on “Live Training”
6) Find the link to “Pre-register for an upcoming live training session in your area”
7) Scroll down and find the next course at Immaculate Conception Church (Annandale) and register
8) After the course, obtain a certificate. The certificate is posted on the www.virtusonline.org in about 1 week or a paper copy can usually be obtained immediately from the course instructor
9) Send an electronic copy of the certificate or provide a hardcopy to the PACK committee chair (or Training Coordinator) for the PACK records
NOTE: Do not bring your children/cubscout as the course content is intended for adults only